Send your friend a map to you!
Swipe for more
On the move?
Turn tracking on to update your Flare for the next hour so any recipients can see recent location updates. FlareMail will do its best to update your Flare map online each minute for an hour.
Turn tracking off to send a stationary Flare.
Share with anybody!
Your friends don’t need an app to receive a Flare. Every Flare is displayed on a mobile-optimized webpage that gets updated automatically by your FlareMail app.
Share your location for the next hour with FlareMail
When you send a Flare, you create a personal and time-limited webpage with a map of your location. With tracking on, the map will update with your position for an hour. You can send the link to your map in a message to your friends. They’ll be able to check the map for updates without needing to ask you repeatedly.
Send Flares when someone is coming to meet you and save them the trouble of looking up your address. Send a Flare when you’re headed somewhere and make it easy for others to anticipate your arrival without anxiety or guesswork. FlareMail is simple location sharing for real life.
- Flare trails - Option to turn tracking on and off.
- One hour only - a Flare is limited to an hour.
- Flares are deleted after expiration for added privacy.
Who should get this app?
- Someone who wants to quickly share their location with friends.
- Someone who is traveling (walking, biking, driving, mass transit) and wants to share progress with a person they are meeting.
Who should not get this app?
- Someone who is notoriously late to meet friends and does not want to share that they actually haven't left the house yet.
- Anyone attending a surprise party.
- Anyone traveling in the subway (sorry we can't track you down there).
Why don’t you have _______ feature?
- Let us know what you wish FlareMail could do differently so we can keep you in mind.
- FlareMail keeps it simple. Send a Flare when you want the recipient to know where you are. Your location, your choice.
If you want to be tracked all the time, check-in whenever you arrive somewhere new, plead with your Facebook and Twitter friends to join your favorite location sharing system, meet strangers, get coupons, and shout to the world, there are other great mobile services that have an app for you already.
FlareMail just wants to help your friends find you. That’s all.
Why can I only have one flare at a time?
You can only be in one place at a time, so you get one Flare at a time. Users with concurrent multi-spatial capabilities should contact us for a refund.
What if I want to keep a flare for more than one hour?
We’re launching with one hour limits because it makes FlareMail easy to use and understand. For now, we suggest sending a second Flare when or before the first expires to extend.
What's a flare trail?
It's the trail made by your Flare on a map if you set tracking on when creating your Flare. The large marker shows the last updated location.